Pale Moon is an Open Source, Goanna-based web browser available for Microsoft Windows and Linux (with other operating systems in development), focusing on efficiency and customization. Make sure to get the most out of your browser!
Pale Moon offers you a browsing experience in a browser completely built from its own, independently developed source that has been forked off from Firefox/Mozilla code a number of years ago, with carefully selected features and optimizations to improve the browser's stability and user experience, while offering full customization and a growing collection of extensions and themes to make the browser truly your own.
- Optimized for modern processors
- Based on our own optimized layout and rendering engine (Goanna)
- Safe: forked from mature Mozilla code and regularly updated with the latest security patches
- Secure: Additional security features and security-aware development
- Supported by our user community, and fully non-profit
- Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface
- Support for full themes: total freedom for any element's design
- Support for easily-created lightweight themes (skins)
- Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing
- Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes
- Support for many "legacy" Firefox extensions
- Support for a growing number of Pale Moon exclusive extensions
- Extensive and growing support for existing web standards
This browser, even though fairly close to Gecko-based browsers like Mozilla Firefox and SeaMonkey in the way it works, is based on a different layout engine and offers a different set of features. It aims to provide close adherence to official web standards and specifications in its implementation (with minimal compromise), and purposefully excludes a number of features to strike a balance between general use, performance, and technical advancements on the Web.
With the current generation of mainstream browsers, there are also more obvious and not just "under the hood" differences: Pale Moon will continue to provide grouped navigation buttons of a decent size, a bookmarks toolbar that is enabled by default, tabs next to page content by default (easily switchable) and not in the least a functional status bar and more freedom in customization, to name a few things.
This browser is released as a community project to aim for open, collaborative development of a full-featured web browser, as much designed by the user as it is by our development team. Everyone is welcome to become involved in its development! It is released "as-is" and in the hope that it will be useful to its users. As such, we cannot provide any warranty of any kind, nor guarantee fitness for any particular purpose or workflow.
Pale Moon is, and will always be, Open Source and completely FREE to download and use!
Version: 28.8.1Date Added:
Jan 13, 2019
OS: Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10